Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's been seven days.



It's the first Saturday back from Sawang and this morning, I was just thinking of English class and children's church. Yes, the kids from Maan Wai Primary School ( the name's not accurate) really showed diligence in learning because during the first English class, they all whipped out their exercise books and started copying everything that was on the whiteboard. These students made up much of the older class. Words cannot describe the look of eagerness in their bright eyes to learn and participate.

Dawn and I took the older class together twice, and during the second (and last) lesson, we had so much fun, at least to me. We sang and jumped and danced and did actions and it seems the kids didn't want to stop at all. Neither did I. But sweat was running down and my jeans were sticking to my legs. It was icky. But it was really amazing to me, like how the kids have warmed up and are willing to open up.





My prayer for them?
That the seeds sowed in them will one day take root and bear fruit.
That as they come to church and learn about God and Jesus and His works, each individual will experience for themselves the love of God.
That each precious child will acknowledge that Jesus is God and died on the cross, and take that invaluable gift back home to families and friends.
That they will walk in paths made straight by God and not be led astray.




No comments:

Post a Comment