Saturday, May 30, 2009

I could do this all day long. =)


So the week has almost come to an end, and with it the month as well. I realised I've been obsessed with counting down the days and weeks and months. To nothing in particular actually or rather to an unknown future. Just that ending the second quarter so soon seems to just bring me closer to that.

So anyway I'm here to share my week with you as promised. A week of many late nights I should say, pushing away all appointments. But it has been fun. Maybe therapeutic as well, as my coursemates would put it. Three hours of baking by my mum; fifteen hours of rolling, cutting, molding and icing; thirty-six roses and two fondant-covered cakes later, here's the result!



Yeah!! I'm proud of this cake! Been looking forward to putting this cake together together. My sweetest creation to date I think! I did put alot of hard work in especially for the roses, which took about thirteen minutes apiece. Do the math, ya. I did cut short on the leaves and calyxes though. Ha! But I achieved the simple elegant blue-white look that I had in mind. Don't you like it as well? I really didn't mind putting in the hours and effort. Hence the title of the post.



And that's what I call progress! There has to be progress in everything right? Definitely brings justice to the many hours and dollars invested in this hobby of mine. And of course, it benefits those around me as well. Heads nodding, I hope.

I'm going to dedicate this cake to Anthea, who's turning a sweet 21 tomorrow and due back in Singapore in a week's time. Hope she likes it as much as I do.

And so, time to catch up with gatherings and meetups that I've been neglecting. See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment