Tuesday, January 30, 2007

For all the memories etched in stone


I met my JC friend today.
It was weird.
Then again, maybe it's just me.
I saw her mum, who looked familiar and who was looking hard at me as well.
So I sat down for a few minutes with her family while waiting for my own mum.
It was a long few minutes.
To me, that is.

Those were days long past.
Studying together for A levels.
All our 18th birthdays.
Neoprints and the ones we got free.
Days when I missed you when you went to Malacca for just a few days.
Days I accompanied you to the hospital.
Days we could just hang out everyday together.
And never get sick of each other.
How we stuck together.
Days are great when you are young and carefree.
Days when friends were all that mattered.
Not God, not family.

Well, we all know how vicious girls can get.

But then we felt you were fake.
Eventually the friendship broke down.
And it's broken down from all sides.
Then again, the fake one could have been me all along.

It's close to seven years now.
We've all moved on in our own ways.
"Feeling regretful?", you may ask.
I can only look down and nod ever so slightly.
I'm not one to close in on such time lapses easily.
I tend to run away and hide.
As I did previously.

On hindsight, we were all immature and childish.
But we live to tell the story.
And we live to see the story's end.
In a way, we choose our own ending.
Yet sometimes, it's not within our reach.


Indeed, time and tide waits for no man.


Standing tall in this wide space
Getting lost in Your embrace
I see a fire burning brighter
It's calling me to catch the flame

I feel like I'm falling over and over in love with You
It's not just a feeling but I know that He is real
I feel like I'm falling into the arms of a the might God
It's not just a feeling but I know that He is real

You're drawing me closer to Your side
It's the safest place I know where to hide
With one glance You captured my heart
You speak Your words and set me apart


No comments:

Post a Comment