Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dearie Fernie


I had a dream the other night. A tearful reunion with a friend., one that I haven't seen since 2001. Because of something that happened. In 2004, she emailed me asking me whether I wanted to meet up. But me being me, I didn't reply to that because I thought it would be hard for me. The last time I spoke to her was to wish her happy birthday in 2005 on MSN. Many times I've wanted to catch up with her but I couldn't bring myself to. Not after what happened.

Are friends friends forever? We've exchanged our apologies and forgiveness. Maybe it's just the 'me' factor that I cannot overcome. I'm too much of an avoider. Yes, I do regret what I did but I'm not living in guilt. I've changed since then. For the better or worse, I don't know. My prayer is that one day we will be friends again. And till then, she will be in my prayers. She is and always will be a precious part of my memories. These will always remain.


And it seems like taking leave will not be an easy thing for me now that my friend has tendered her resignation.
You cannot take leave or resign in the next 2 years.....Or I will kidnap you.
Right. We all laughed it off but I know that's going to be the reality of things.
My friend commented," One left to join the beauty industry. One leaving to do something unrelated. If one more leaves to be a missionary, he will so disappointed."
Yup.
And how we don't really know if our supervisor is not happy because he's like smiling and joking and looking amiable always.
But I'm too comfortable and sheltered there. Sigh.
I need to pray. Hard. I have some plans for next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment