Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What matters most.




This is a snapshot of the aeroplane flying over Chiang Rai last year in October, with Davy beside me. I think he took this shot. I can't really remember. And another camp goes by again.



The lion turns and roars, only to meet another of its kind. So here I am again, wondering what I should share here, whether it will benefit you or me, or even who's reading. Many many thoughts running through my mind. Like a phrase I read somewhere, "you can only find when you are truly lost".


This isn't supposed to sound so melancholic but somehow it just feels that way. And you wonder how things can change so much in the blink of an eye. I do. And thus I approach each day with trepidation. Draining, simply put.


But no, I can't just go looking in a medicine chest for help. Not just a salve for a sore, an ointment for an ache, a band-aid for a wound. self-medication just doesn't work either. Just go straight to the Healer, the One who has been through and understands and hears. Each and every time. I just have to learn to give Him my ears and my time. My heart. My life.




"Through him and for his name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people
from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith."
Roman 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment