Saturday, October 27, 2007

I emerged unscathed.


I accelerated, spun out of control, crashed, got stuck, couldn't reverse, got some help, went on my way again, accelerated, couldn't meander a sharp U-turn, crashed again, managed to move off on my own, went on my way again, a rapidly darkening sky, didn't accelerate as much, braked more, safe journey till the end.


How much of that is like life sometimes.
The perilous journey we embark on the moment we leave the safety of our mothers' womb.
That we may be so short-sighted we can't even see the next bend ahead.
That even when days seem so dark, soon or later the clouds will part to reveal a shining glory.
That we learn when to slow down, when to speed, when to receive help humbly.

I took a whammy last night.
Startled, I tried to take it in good stride.
But no.
Probably hit harder than it should, than I imagined.
Woke up thinking it was a dream, and I did dream.
But the reality stays.
Can't shake it off.
Trivial.

To me, it never will be.
Never.


No comments:

Post a Comment