Sunday, February 25, 2007

How To Be A Domestic Goddess




Excerpt from Nigella Lawson's
How To Be A Domestic Goddess:
Baking And The Art Of Comfort Cooking

So what I’m talking about is not being a domestic goddess exactly, but feeling like one. One of the reasons making cakes is satisfying is that the effort required is so much less than the gratitude conferred. Everyone seems to think it’s hard to make a cake (and no need to disillusion them), but it doesn’t take more than 25 minutes to make and bake a tray of muffins or a sponge layer cake, and the returns are high: you feel disproportionately good about yourself afterwards. This is what baking, what all of this book, is about: feeling good, wafting along in the warm, sweet-smelling air, unwinding, no longer being entirely an office creature; and that’s exactly what I mean by “comfort cooking”.

How true. =)

Today was an early Sunday.
Spent in good company.
Billy Bombing as usual.
Borrowed what I hope will be a few good reads over the coming weeks.
Still have to think and pray and consider what I wanna do.

Nope, I do not want my love to grow cold.
So I'm calling out," Light the fire again!"
Because I know You are so faithful.
Lord, You are faithful.
All of my days, I will sing of Your greatness.
All of my days, I will speak of You grace.
All of my days, I will tell of Your wondrous love.
Your love in my life.
Your love.


No comments:

Post a Comment