Saturday, August 12, 2006

A burst of colours!!

"Are you alright? You were zone-ing out since the fireworks ended."

Yes, I was.
And through the whole night in fact.
My mind just wasn't there.
There wasn't alot going on inside.
It was just....blank.
I was detached.
The ulcer on my tongue and the sharp thing lodged in my throat didn't help either.
I am just tired of myself.

That aside, it was a surprise to have dinner at Esplanade.
The fireworks were awesome for the 15 minutes it lasted.
But then again, like this world and all in it, everything else is temporal as well.
The service was bad but the food good, though not enough to redeem themselves.

Sunday.
A day to watch the kids from afar and maybe exchange a hug or two.
Their innocence never fails to bring a smile to my face.
"... Lynnette..."
One of the joys of life.


Excerpts from my current reading:

"See, the thing about miracles is... if you have faith, you don't need them, and if you're a doubter, well then no miracle is ever enough."

"Faith is easy when you're standing in front of a miracle. The real test of any faith is when there aren't any signs."

How true.

No comments:

Post a Comment